Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DAY 2 = POOP

Let's back up to last night....I decided to camp out on the floor between the boys' toddler beds - just in case someone woke up and needed help to the bathroom. It was a pretty miserable night for me...sleeping on the floor with a huge pregnant belly combined with anxiety over the boys wetting their beds and a sinus infection. I got NO sleep; I woke up every hour. BUT, in the end, the boys both woke up with DRY beds!!! SUCCESSFUL NIGHT!

On to Day 2 of Potty Training...

Total accidents: 11 (Arlo-9, Josiah-2)
Successful pee pees in potty: 8 ( Arlo-0, Josiah-8)

Josiah has POOPED in the POTTY!!! Guess who gets an ice cream cone from McDonalds? I was going to take a picture to send to Jason, but Arlo got excited and flushed the toilet too fast. Overall, he had a great day (as you can see by the numbers above.) He seems to anticipate the pee before it comes out and sometimes takes himself to the potty. He's still had a few accidents, but one happened the last 15 minutes of his nap (yes, I was there checking their pants every 15 minutes even during naptime!)

Arlo is a mystery to me. Here's how his day went:
After 5 accidents this morning I took the little potty seat into the family room. I gave him another 8oz of juice and he sat there for 90 minutes watching a movie - no pee. I put him down for a 2 hour nap, no pee. When he woke up he was back on the toilet for another 30 minutes, no pee. Finally I took him outside to play in the yard with nothing but a shirt & shoes - no pee. (Next time I won't be taking him out at 4pm - it seems that's when all the school buses & minivans full of carpool kids drive by my house!!!) Please ignore the pant-less child in my yard. I gave up and we went to run a QUICK errand at a friend's house and what do you think happened? He had an accident at her house.  5 1/2 hours of no pee and he decides to have an accident there? Oh and then after dinner, he pooped on the kitchen floor. Arlo is quite the personality - it doesn't seem to upset him when he has accidents - he apologizes and we have a little talk, but he stays in the BEST mood ever. His positive attitude is so admirable. I continue to be patient with him because he's so sweet and I know that they are just accidents. He'll figure it out.

So, after 2 days of potty training, we have used an entire roll of paper towels to clean up messes & our disinfectant spray is worth it's weight in gold.

BTW - does it count as an accident or success if they pee in the bathtub??

Arlo

1 comment:

  1. you can do it! It sounds like they are making progress. good luck with day 3!

    ReplyDelete