Monday, January 16, 2012

DAY 1 = STRESSFUL

I have been dreading this day for the past year when I started thinking about it, buying books, reading articles, and asking advice. I knew that this day was inevitable, so I decided to make sure we were 100% before baby #3 arrives.

And so today was Day #1 of Potty Training. 

Total accidents: 14 (Arlo-10, Josiah-4)
Successful pee pees in potty: 6 (Arlo-1, Josiah-5)

I am using the "3 day potty training" method which was recommended by several people. The boys spent the day in underwear and a pajama shirt. LOTS of accidents were to be expected today, but the idea is that they learn the muscles to control their bladder, rather than coincidentally peeing while sitting on the potty. So, each day SHOULD get a little easier. 
 The boys both took naps and woke up dry.....AWESOME. (We'll see what happens overnight!) Part of my struggle with the boys is that they BOTH want to sit on the big toilet with ring, rather than the little potty that sits on the floor. We had 2 accidents IN THE BATHROOM just because they were fighting over who gets to sit on the "big" potty!!! (If only I could install 2 toilets in one room, right?!)

Wish me luck for Day #2!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I am glad you are going to be an expert by the time I even try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you are a brave, BRAVE woman! Who I owe a very long over due phone call to!!

    ReplyDelete