This past year has flown by so fast and I need time to slow down. I cry when I think about them growing up, going to school, missions & getting married & having their own kids..... I try really hard to focus on the present & enjoy every minute of them TODAY!
Some of Arlo & Josiah's many talents:
- They are not quite walking, but are certainly on the right path towards the goal.
- They seem to understand everything I say and even TRY to mimic some of my words, like DOG & TREE & BEAR & UP. They have mastered a few words like 'mama' & 'dada' & bah bah' & 'ball'
- Excellent at shaking their head 'no' and sometimes nod for 'yes' (mostly 'no'!!).
- Eat pretty much anything now.
- Can fall asleep in their cribs without being rocked or without a bottle.
- Can make the popcorn motions for the song "popcorn popping"
- Can give you "Five"
- Clap when you say "YAY"
- Wave when you say "BYE"
- Can dance when there's music. (aka: bending their legs & bouncing)
- They lift their arms when you change their shirts & "switch" hands on the bottle when you strap them into the car-seat.
- Arlo's new favorite food: GRAPES. Josiah's favorite food is still: BANANAS
- Arlo's favorite pastime: sitting on mommy's lap reading books. Josiah's favorite pastime: exploring. (aka: NOT sitting still)
- Love swinging at the playground, but are both scared of the slide.
- They both love bath-time, but Josiah is always the first to get out.
- Love to climb UP the stairs, but are still working on going down. (& scare their mama to death!)
- When they wake up from naps, they spend 10-20 minutes just passing toys back & forth between the crib slats & laughing.
- Both boys absolutely LOVE LOVE dogs & are not scared of them.
- Give kisses by biting your nose.
- Both love mirrors & give themselves kisses on the mirror. (yes, our mirrors are ALWAYS dirty)
- Josiah is a stuffed animal lover & gives hugs & kisses to all of his animals. Lobster is still #1
- Arlo loves any toy, but is attached to burp-cloths & uses them to suck his thumb.
the fam at the party
Arlo's table decorations
& Arlo with his cupcake
Josiah's table decorations
Josiah & his cupcake
Arlo hitting the beach ball pinata
Josiah's turn at the pinata
After all the kids did their best at the pinata, Jason took care of business!