Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WELCOME Miles Arthur Thompson

Wednesday April 18, 2012 @ 4:21pm
7lb. 1oz.

Just LOOK at that baby's face!!!

My birth story is uneventful (which is good) but VERY different from the birth of the twins. The whole experience was less stressful because 1)I had done it before. 2)Only one baby. 3)Baby was NOT premature. 4)I was able to hold my baby immediately & have him in my hospital room with me. 5)No NICU time. The only thing that made the experience stressful was that I couldn't be home with the twins for 2 days. I am so grateful to our dear friend Kjersti Burnham who selflessly took care of our boys during my hospital stay. She is a saint for putting up with their extra wild behavior.

So, my official due date was Friday April 13 but my body was not showing signs of going into labor. Because of my previous c-section with the twins, the doctor would not induce labor with petocin because of the medical risks. So, after reviewing all of our options and risks Jason and I scheduled a c-section for April 18.  I was disappointed that I couldn't try for a vaginal delivery, but we felt good about our decision. Jason gave me a Priesthood blessing and I felt peace going to the hospital. Surgery went well and I was able to hold my baby boy almost immediately.  After less than 48 hours we brought our Miles home on Friday afternoon and we've all been transitioning very well. My body is recovering quickly from surgery and I feel great!! (I'm not joking, I feel like a million bucks!)

Miles is a champion. He took to breast feeding easily and sleeps well between meals. For those who remember my milk production with the twins, I am grateful that my body is doing the same thing again! (I have already stored quite a bit of milk in the freezer too!) Jason and I are absolutely in love with the little guy. The twins have welcomed Miles with open arms from the very moment they met him; in fact, I may even use the word "obsessed" to describe their love for him. I have come to the conclusion that Miles can sleep through ANYTHING. We keep him in the family room with us for most of the day and somehow he drowns out the TV as well as the boys with their yelling, tantrums, and all the happy playtime noises. He epitomizes the cliche "sleep like a baby."

God has graced us with a perfect little boy and we are so grateful to have him in our family. We wouldn't trade him for the world!!

At the hospital and ready to change into my gown!!
Our first family of 5 photo. April 18, 2012. I figure we definitely won't getting any more "sitting still/all 5 looking at the camera" photos anymore...even if we do hire a professional photographer. So, this is it.
Josiah with baby brother
Arlo holding baby brother





(Jason took some photos of the actual c-section & pulling the baby out of my stomach - I'll spare you the gruesomeness, but if you're interested I can email it to you!)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new sweet little one! He's adorable and so tiny!!!! Hope you continue to do so well after this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Thanks on the actual pictures of the c-section :) weak stomach! Congrats on your little guy. He is so precious! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He is such a sweetie and looks like he fits right in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so happy for you, Dana!!! Give love to baby Miles for me, he looks perfect!!! 3 boys!!! Wow, what a great family!! Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete