Wednesday, April 18, 2012

March Pinterest Report

Total Pins: 227
Completed Pins:
35
Completion: 15.4%


I didn't do a LOT of pins this month, but the I did some major projects. This last month of pregnancy has gotten me NESTING like you wouldn't believe. Here are my favorites (and most time consuming)

1. I made a raised garden and am hoping to produce some results in the next few weeks. The wooden frame only cost $12 to build, but then I had to buy chicken wire (to keep the rabbits out), bamboo posts to stake the wire and 16 bags of dirt/compost/manure. PLUS I have to water it at LEAST once a day. These will be some VERY expensive vegetables, but it's a good learning experience and FUN! I also tried a pin and put sugar/epsom salt around each plant to produce "greener, leafier plants." Here's a photo of the bed before I put up the wire and the plants sprouted. 



2. I got this all wood desk FREE on craigslist. Jason took a saw to it and I took a paintbrush. VOILA!! I have it in my powder room to store toilet paper and hand towels, etc. This was my first experience painting furniture and I'm excited for some more projects in the future. LOVE it!!! 

BEFORE
AFTER!!
 3. PIZZA DOUGH. I have always been scared of making my own breads/doughs, but I finally got brave and tried it. My conclusion: it's not that hard. I've only made the pizza twice but I am excited to try lots of new toppings/combinations. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That old desk looks awesome! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i just say I'm shocked that you're posting this today? And Woot on the desk! We love making our own pizza dough, we use The Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the desk.

    ReplyDelete