Thursday, April 5, 2012

Random Thoughts...

Random thoughts from the day as I drove to work today and back home. (It's the only true quiet time I have during the day, so I treasure it!!)

*I passed 8 police cars on my way to work this morning. Granted, I do work 16 miles from home, but come on, that's a lot!! This is not uncommon. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I pass AT LEAST one police car in my town, no matter how short the distance I drive. Pflugerville is a VERY safe town and all they've got to do is drive around giving people tickets for speeding or rolling stop signs. LOVE this place!!

*People who run out of gas on the side of the road = STUPID. I have no sympathy for a driver with an empty tank when there's a gas station around every corner. My only exception to this judgement is when you are on a road trip in the middle of somewhere USA & gas stations are 100 miles distance from each other.

*Yard Sales = My new favorite hobby. I've loved yard-saling since I was a little girl - my dad used to take us on summer Saturday mornings. I lost interest while living in Provo because they were AWFUL in that town. Now that I live elsewhere, I have taught my children to love a good yard sale and it has become a fun activity to do with the boys. I've got my route already planned for this Saturday, followed by the Ward Easter Egg hunt, then work.

*XM Radio station 58 = BEST music EVER!!! We got a free trial of XM on our van and it will be hard to give up in June...Station 58 NEVER disappoints me with their 80's & 90's country music. Reba, Willie, Wynona, Sawyer Brown, Brooks&Dunn, Tanya Tucker, Patti Loveless, Randy Travis, Dolly Parton....

*I always seem to fall in love with the "limited edition" candy bars. WWWHHYYY??? Just when I discover & fall in love, they disappear. And the company never gives you time frame of when you have to say good-bye to such goodness....it just disappears off the shelves. I've thought of building a big stash in my freezer, but I have ZERO control with candy. Examples: Peanut Butter Twix, Mint 3 Musketeers, Dark Chocolate Milky Way, Peanut Butter Snickers, Mint M&Ms...just to name a few...

*I'm in EXTREME "nesting" mode right now. I'm the personality that always has a dozen "lists" but the past 9 months have been ridiculous. I stay up until all hours of the night working to accomplish everything on my lists before baby #3 comes along. I'll make blogpost on this another day...

*President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk on Sunday = A-MAZING. If you haven't read it yet, DO IT NOW. Here's the link. Enough said.

*If you gave me $1000 right now to just spend, I would probably use it all at the grocery store. I'm not just saying this because I'm pregnant and hungry all the time....no joking around. 1) Food is expensive and the main reason for why I don't cook big fancy meals with all the crazy "exotic" ingredients. 2) I LOVE to eat, and I would probably also buy lots of junk food. 3)I would buy lots of extra food to put in my food storage and also take to the food bank for others who need it.

*Jason comes home tomorrow!!! Selling season has started again, and Jason left town early this year so that he can be home longer when baby #3 arrives. He's been gone for about a month (with a short visit in the middle) and I look forward to having him home for a few weeks this time.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know Jason was traveling! You're super mom doing it on your own! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're on top of things. Can't wait to meet this new baby!

    ReplyDelete