Tuesday, September 20, 2011

There's No Place Like Home......

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!

What day?? September 20....the date I have been counting down for 2 whole months!!! We put a contract on this house July 20 & after much impatience on my part, we finally OWN IT!!! This morning we met with all those business people to sign the papers & they handed over the keys to us....what a great feeling!!




During that 2 months I made a paper chain & ceremoniously tore a link off every day until there was only ONE LINK LEFT - SEPTEMBER 20.

I had taken about 30 photos of the house & have been staring at photos every night, dreaming of each room for 2 whole months. I have spent hours wandering the aisles of Hobby Lobby, Marshalls & Pier 1 Imports,  imagining all the great decorations I could put in my home. I have made list after list of all the things I want to do to give the house my own touch.... plant trees in the back yard, build a clubhouse & sandbox for the kids, a big sectional couch in the family room, paint every room a different color, a big wreath on the front door, etc, etc.... 

So, I'm off to work making it all happen!!! If you need me, you know where to find me.....HOME!!!
 (but possibly Lowes or Home Depot too =)

Pulling out the "for sale" sign

8 comments:

  1. Yeah -- they'll definitely know you by name at Home Depot and Lowes pretty soon. It's inevitable with a new house. Happy for you guys -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super exciting. I can't wait to see pictures from the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's beautiful!! I'm so happy for you guys!! (and a tiny bit jealous, too; let's be honest!) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!! what a gorgeous house! i can't wait to see the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I didn't know you guys were buying a house-so exciting. Now I understand your facebook post better:) I know you'll find all the steals to do all that decorating.

    It looks lovely. We'd love more pics when you're ready to share.

    Yeah for having your own place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! It's so beautiful! And - I am VERY excited to see all of the pictures of the things you do to make it your own. You have a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you, Deb! This is HUGE!!!

    ReplyDelete