Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Blame Gender...

As I watch friends with their perfectly behaved little girls, I sometimes wonder "what am I doing wrong that makes my boys so wild?" I read a great article online today that made me feel better. Maybe I'm not doing anything wrong (yeah right), maybe it's just a gender thing.

And so I justify my boys' wild behavior.......


"Boys are also more physically aggressive and impulsive, as revealed by studies of their brains. The pleasure center of the brain actually lights up more for boys when they take risks. That's not to say that girls aren't active and risk-taking, only that on average boys are more so." (www.babycenter.com)

3 comments:

  1. yes, yes and yes. i agree completely. that's all i have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is the risk taker and was certainly the wildest toddler out of my 3. However, I do think boys are more wild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they might be a handful, but they sure are HANDSOME!! can i reserve one of them for olivia?? we need to keep the virginia blood alive.

    ReplyDelete