Sunday, December 27, 2009

6 months old...almost 7 months...





Time flies when you're having fun....sorry I'm so slow to post on the blog. I have good intentions & I think about it often, but the time to sit down & post always gets put bottom on the to-do list.

Josiah & Arlo turned 6 months old on December 9. It amazes me how fast they are growing and how much they learn DAILY!! At our check-up they weighed about 15lbs. each. It seems big to me, but they are only 4-7percentile on the chart. While at the check-up, they also got H1N1 & seasonal flu shots. We feel really good about it & have started taking them out of the house more often. Both boys have found a LOVE for TOYS!! When they are awake it seems that they need a toy in hand at ALL TIMES!
Mr. Josiah....
& Mr. Arlo...

They are eating baby food now. I am making all their food so far & it's turned out to be pretty darn easy & a heck of a lot cheaper. It saves money, but I really like the idea of knowing EXACTLY whats in the food - no preservatives or any of that junk. Eventually I'll give in to processed foods & all the junk I eat, but for now, while I can, I feel good about what I'm feeding them. So far they have eaten rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, peas, butternut squash & banana. Can you guess from the photos which baby is easier to feed?



Josiah has really taken to baby food. He gets all excited when I put him in the high chair & is like a bird with his mouth wide open. I seriously can't get it in his mouth fast enough & he's finished eating all his food in a matter of minutes.He's such a good eater that he hardly needs a bib.


Arlo, on the other hand, likes a big production when it's time to eat. He likes a little dab on his lips at first while he tastes the food. From there, he usually takes his spoonful of food & spits it out. He doesn't just spit though, he sputters it out & the food flies EVERYWHERE! I usually wear an apron when feeding him because the food gets all over the tray & my clothes. This would be cute, if it wasn't so frustrating! He did enjoy his sweet potatoes yesterday though because I let him feed himself. It was a pretty messy ordeal, but he had a LOT of fun with the spoon. (& the photo of Arlo is on a good day...typically it's messier!!)
Josiah & Arlo are so much fun & we're so blessed. They keep us on our toes all the time & I'm sure it becomes more hectic as they learn to crawl & walk....look out world...here they come!!

6 comments:

  1. Keep these posts coming...I am in love with those two boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dana. They are growing up so fast! Our baby is due in just 3 weeks. Crazy! Way to go with the home-made baby food--I think it's the way to go too! Sure love and miss seeing you! I'll have to stop by one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute! They are so big now! I love how different they are in their eating habits - just another way to figure out their different personalities, right? Thanks for the update, miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys have gotten so big. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Israel used to eat just like Arlo:) Thanks for the pictures. They really are getting big- 15 pounds is plenty. And go you on making their food. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana your babies are so beautiful! We love them!

    ReplyDelete