Sunday, November 15, 2009

this has all been swimming in my head......... i need to write it down...



>A few thoughts on motherhood and gratitude to Heavenly Father for sending my angel boys... This past June Jason and I were double-blessed with Josiah & Arlo in our family. As a mother I can legitimately say that my boys are absolutely perfect in every way!!! Jason and I could not ask for sweeter babies. Since they were born, our lives have changed drastically for the better. Motherhood is tough and there are moments that I doubt myself, but I remember a mother of triplets once told me that we are given only what we are capable of handling.


These past 2 weeks I’ve had several opportunities to share my experiences on fertility. Many of you may not know details of our story and some is too personal to share on a blog. But Jason and I have changed in so many ways because of the trials that we faced and the blessings that came from them. I would be selfish if I didn’t express my gratitude. Jason and I spent more than three years visiting doctors, taking tests & medications, and riding the emotional roller coaster to build our family. Reflecting on those years of struggle & heartache, I am finally unfolding a few of the lessons that Heavenly Father wanted Jason and me to learn.


First, Jason and I have become closer as a couple. As we struggled, we relied on each other for comfort & strength. I better understand the scripture that says we should “cleave” to our spouse.


Second, I have learned that one should not rely on man, but on the Lord alone. The first time we did in-vitro Jason and I were confident that it would be successful. We had the modern miracle of medicine, science & first class doctors; all the nurses assured us that it would work. According to the statistics, we were absolutely going to be a success. When it failed Jason and I hit rock bottom…what went wrong?? We both struggled to understand. We waited a few months before the second attempt, only this time, we put our faith in the Lord. Jason and I both received multiple Priesthood blessings. We relied on the words of those blessings to recover & to look forward. I am so grateful for modern medicine, but most importantly on the Lord & his understanding of what we need most. I don’t know if we’ll need to do in-vitro to have more children, but I know that the Lord will take care of us.


I am so grateful for my little family. My husband is so supportive & loving; I know that he would do anything to make me happy. Our boys are the center of our lives and I would do anything in the world to protect them.

I think every mother understands this.




7 comments:

  1. I love you, Dana. I wish I could see you & your boys so much! It is amazing the things that can take place in our lives when we do put the Lord first and place our trust in Him - I am so thankful for your testimony of that principle. Thanks for sharing. Josiah and Arlo are getting so big! I love the Halloween shirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Dana. You sure were able to bless my life with your experiences when I needed you. What a great blessing it is to have those cute little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an example of faith and strength to me! Those boys were sent to you because Heavenly Father knew already you were an exceptional mother. You loved and prayed and prepared for them before you even knew they were coming- I can only imagine the magnitude of that love now. Now that I'm a mother I feel like for the first time I can start to imagine how much God must love us, because he is our father. I'm sure you see that too, only x 2 from the very start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those adorable little guys! You are the best, Dana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord truly does look out for us and we are finally blessed beyond our wildest dreams. Your boys are adorable! I can't believe how big they've gotten. We too struggled with infertility (both my babies are clomid babies) and I can relate so much to your story. It's amazing to see how our trials can turn into some of our greatest blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The are so beautiful!! I can't believe how big they have gotten...wish I could squeeze them:)

    ReplyDelete