Tuesday, June 3, 2014

First Time Mother

Maybe this is just me, but I cry at EVERY new event or milestone that Arlo & Josiah experience, but I don't with Miles. Does this mean that I love A&J more than Miles?? Of course not. After evaluating this observation for a while now, I have concluded that I am experiencing these milestones with A& J as a "First Time Mother" - and because it's my first experience to have a child call me "mama" or a child go to preschool, I'm gonna cry.

Let me explain with a few recent real life examples.

1. I cried when Arlo & Josiah gave their first talks in Church Primary.
           & when they let go in the pool's deep water & swam to the stairs all by themselves.
           & when I dropped them off at preschool for the first time. 
           & when they graduated preschool.
           & when they started their first soccer practice.
           & when they said mama for the first time as babies.....
            etc, etc, etc, .........

2. I rejoiced when Miles went to Nursery/gym childcare without a fuss. We slapped high-fives & he went in without looking back. I can't believe that I didn't cry.  He goes through all the same type of milestones as A&J, but I don't ever cry. 


Heck, I even have "First Time Mother" moments for other parents & their oldest kids. For example, I cried when I went to Presli Burnham's first dance recital. And when I watched my oldest nephew pass the sacrament for the first time.

Am I the only one?



I love these little guys.
Preschool Graduation, May 2014
My Mother's Day present from Arlo, he made at school

My Mother's Day present from Josiah, at school.
Can I just say that EVERYONE loves Miles - he's like a celebrity when we go to A&J's preschool

And like most other people, he LOVES the attention. Can you tell?
Some backyard swim time.

Miles & his potato head creations
Presli Burnham at her first dance recital

No comments:

Post a Comment