Monday, April 22, 2013

Miles Turns 1

Can you believe it??!! Neither can I. Last week Miles turned the big ONE. Jason was out of town for his birthday, so we had a family celebration the Sunday before.  To celebrate, we had beef roast & vegetables with homemade crescent rolls, followed by cupcakes, jumping on the trampoline and gifts!

Miles is an absolute joy to have in our family. The deep dimple in his right cheek just melts my heart and appears to be permanent because he is always smiling and happy. He took his first steps well over a month ago, but has finally gotten the motivation to practice; he walks about 80% of the time and crawls when he just doesn't have the time/patience to be careful. At the rate he has been going, I anticipate him running by next week!! I guess he is a toddler now. =(  He Miles LOVES the water and is happy splashing in the bathtub or trying to swim out of my arms in the pool. Seriously though, I first put him in the pool at 4 weeks old and he has always loved the water - like, crazy giddy laughing squealing happy. Unlike his big brothers, Miles LOVES to eat (and it shows). This kid can out-eat Arlo & Josiah combined. I can't even name a favorite food for him, because he loves it ALL! Miles is definitely a peacemaker in our family. Arlo or Josiah can take one look at their baby brother's face and their demeanor changes instantly.
We love you Miles-doggie!!!!


The birthday fairy decorated the kitchen and made cupcakes while all the boys took their Sunday nap ;)
Our family, on Miles' special day

All he wanted was a balloon and kept saying "Bah" over & over again.

We had Kjersti, Presli & Hayes there to celebrate with us too!!

Miles enjoying his cupcake =)

Getting the hose from daddy

And what birthday would be complete without hanging out on the trampoline in your birthday suit??

Arlo & Josiah got Miles an abacus for his birthday and Miles LOVES it. (I think it'll be a good educationaal tool for all the boys too=)
My gift to Miles is his baby quilt. I worked my butt off to finish, just in time for the party!!

1 comment: