Sunday, October 10, 2010

TWINNERS!!

I LOVE my boys & I especially LOVE that they are the same age. They seem to be best friends & I hope they always will be best buds. I think my favorite noise is to hear the two of them belly laughing together for 20-30 minutes straight while in their cribs after waking up. I usually sit in my room next door & just listen for a while – it makes my day.

I’m finding that LOTS of people have twins & I probably see a set of twins in my store every day. (I work at Bed Bath & Beyond) Regardless of all the twins in the world, it is IMPOSSIBLE to go in public without getting stopped & receiving comments on my twins. Honestly though, I love it. I love to show off my cute boys because they are my pride and joy.

Some of the comments I hear from people while we run errands, etc...:

"Oh no! Twins!"
"Are they twins? Is a boy and a girl? Two boys? Two girls?"
"Are they identical?" (And then after we say they are NOT identical we often get “I don't know how you tell them apart. Must be because you're their parents. )

"Do twins run in your family?"
"Are they natural? or did you have fertility treatments?"
"Do they have different personalities? Is one the 'evil' twin?"
"I can't imagine having twins!"
"I had two kids really close in age. I felt like I had twins."
"Two for one, huh?"
"I've always wanted twins!!"

"I've always wanted to be a twin!"
"My ___(fill in relation)___ has twin ___(fill in genders)__"
"Two babies!"

"Do you always dress them the same?"

"Do they wake each other up?”
"You must not be getting any sleep! You must be exhausted."
"You have your hands full."
"I had only one baby at a time and that was hard enough!"
"Better you than me!"
"Just wait until they get older! It gets harder!"
"I bet they'll be the best of friends."
"Double Trouble!"


My Arlo



My Josiah

3 comments:

  1. I love how people share their opinions with complete strangers. The boys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracked me up reading your comments list. I hope I've never said something like that to a mom of twins, but I might have!

    So my question is- did you get the majority of these comments at walmart? I always get the most weird comments or advice from walmart shoppers. Granted I'm a frequent walmart shopper, so maybe that's why!

    Miss you! I'm so sad I didn't try to call you when we were out west! For some reason I was thinking you were in VA again. I would have loved to have met your boys and see you again. If I had had my head on straight I would have so made that happen! Well, we move and travel a lot, so hopefully we'll have another chance!xoxox

    ReplyDelete